The Hopedale Moravian Cemetery was established in the mid-1920s when space in the Old Moravian Cemetery was no longer available. The six-acre cemetery is situated on a partially wooded hillside above the Wallenpaupack Creek and includes more than 200 gravestones. Each spring the Newfoundland Moravian Church holds its traditional Easter Sunrise Services at the cemetery. Prior to the Flood of 1955, the entrance to the cemetery was from Main Street in Newfoundland. The lane into the cemetery crossed a bridge over the Wallenpaupack Creek near the south end of town. After the flood, the course of the creek was changed by the Army Corps of Engineers, and the entrance was moved to its present location off Route 447. The Hopedale Cemetery Association was formed in 1874, and the first Trustees were Gustav Ostrom, William Manhart, Leonard Heberling, George Ehrhardt, and William Robacker. In 1972 the Hopedale and Old Moravian Cemeteries merged under the ownership and management of the Association.